Comments by Viet Nam's Deputy Prime Minister, Mr. Pham Gia Khiem at the News Conference.
The 18th APEC Ministerial Meeting has concluded with the release of the Joint Statement.
During the final APEC meeting of the year prior to the APEC Leaders' Meeting this weekend, the meeting reviewed APEC's progress over the past year and issued directions for APEC officials and working groups to undertake through the coming year.
Many of these initiatives are noted in the joint ministerial statement..
The Joint Statement includes the following areas:
- Strengthening the Multilateral Trading System
- The Ha Noi Action Plan to Implement the Busan Roadmap
- Regional Trade Arrangements (RTAs) and Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- Trade and Investment Liberalisation and Facilitation
- Anti-Corruption and Transparency
- Human Security
- Economic and Technical Cooperation (ECOTECH)
- Economic Issues
- Interaction with the Business Community
- Cultural Exchange and Tourism Cooperation
- Youth Cooperation
- Gender Integration
- APEC Reform
- Sectoral Ministerial Meetings
The next events on the APEC Leaders Meeting Week schedule are the APEC CEO Summit that will take place in Ha Noi on November 17-19 and finally the APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting on November 18-19.