Connect People to Build the Future: Host Economy Leader's Statement
Santiago, Chile, 07 December 2019
Through a statement, Chile’s President Sebastian Piñera shared with APEC Economic Leaders and member economies his reflections on APEC Chile 2019 and the steps taken this year by the forum to advance sustainable and inclusive growth.
These deliverables reflect the progress in bringing to fruition the year’s four priorities: digital society; integration 4.0; women, small and medium sized enterprises, and inclusive growth; and sustainable growth.
The statement also encourages further action on the following important issues:
- The digital economy and enabling micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups to globalize
- Increasing engagement with small and medium enterprises, academia, and civil society
- Increasing transparency and combatting corruption
- Trade facilitation and global value chains
- Reform of the World Trade Organization
- The goal of a Free Trade Area for the Asia-Pacific
- Structural and regulatory obstacles
- APEC’s post-2020 vision
# # #
For further details, please contact: